Click to watch video below:
Exotic wooden wind chimes that emit an endearing, bird-like sound! Satisfy not just the shopaholic in you but all your senses as well! This is the the unmissable, distinctly Thai Chatuchak Weekend Market! Visit it now only on www.incahootswithpj.com! #love #chatuchak #weekend #market #bangkok #thailand #amazingthailand #exotic #distinct #shopping #travel #travelgram #traveltheworld #travelblog #travelblogger #blog #blogger #vacances #vacation #holiday #video #videooftheday #windchime
Should you find yourselves planning a trip to the “Venice of the East”, make sure you’re there on a Friday, a Saturday, or a Sunday to blissfully lose your bearings at the Chatuchak (Jatujak) Market! This colourful weekend shopaholic’s nirvana is definitely a must on your to-do list.
Locals and tourists alike brave the searing heat not just to shop but to likewise savour the festive atmosphere, smell a thousand and one scents, kindle their auditory perception, and arouse their tastebuds. If you’re in search of a place where all your senses can be stimulated and satisfied in one go, Chatuchak is the absolute answer!
Facts and figures:
- Thailand’s largest market and one of the biggest in the world
- Opened in 1942 with a total land area of 27 acres
- Biggest number of visitors is 200,000 of which 30% are foreign
- Composed of 15,000 stalls which are divided into 27 sections
- 9 kinds of goods are available namely: plants, antiques, pets, food and drinks, fresh and dry food, ceramics, furniture and home decor, clothes, and books
- Operating schedule: Fridays 18:00 to 24:00, Saturdays and Sundays 09:00 to 18:00
- Reachable by BTS (sky train) Mochit Station or by taxi cabs
For anything for your feet up to your head including those of your fur balls’, must-haves to beautify your abode, and yummy tummy-fillers, Chatuchak is your final destination. Learn the A to Z of shopping avec haggling! Come and meander through Chatuchak’s dizzying alleys and find whatever tickles your fancy!